This is a particularly testing time for all of us right now. During this time it’s important that we look after our mental health as things can easily get on top of us all.
Heres some tips/suggestions listed below that could be helpful.
1) Take some time out to spend time alone everyday. I’m the sort of person who finds it hard to be around people all day. Time by myself helps me recharge my batteries.
2) Exercise where possible. I particularly like walking in nature.
3) Journaling. This is something that I find really helps me make sense of the world and unravel what’s going on inside my head.
4) Keep connected to others. A phone call or FaceTiming someone can give me a real boost when I’m feeling down.
5) Try to do activities you like. Today myself and daughter made a fairy fort together with twigs and flowers. I think I had just as much fun as she did if not more.
We would love to hear your stories of how you look after your mental health.
Read more: https://autismconnects.ie/looking-after-your-mental-health/?fbclid=IwAR3ysKb5i5T7tzPufbNGsRvRUbCnjTCW-8foucriXAcFCicR2sPs0GXAVJ0#more-8771